Eclipse PRP® is a proprietary PRP kit and system based on blood separation according to density using a unique separation gel. The PRP platform is available with an 11 mL PRP collection tube or 22 mL high concentration collection tube. The system allows for the preparation of pure Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) with optimal platelet concentrations and cellular content. Virtually, all Red Blood Cells (RBC) are eliminated from PRP and the concentration of pro-inflammatory Granulocytes (GRs) is highly reduced.
Platelet-Rich Plasma is prepared by taking a small sample of the patient’s own blood, then separating platelets from Platelet-Poor Plasma (PPP), RBC and GRs via centrifugation. Next, the PRP is collected and may be applied to the treated site. The whole preparation process only takes up to 20 minutes.
What is Platelet-Rich Plasma?
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is an autologous concentrated preparation of platelets and the associated growth factors in a small volume of plasma. Platelets are a natural source of a number of growth factors in their natural and biologically-determined ratios.
Platelet Growth Factors
Upon activation, platelets release growth factors and other molecules. These growth factors are regeneration-promoting signaling molecules, such as Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF), Transforming Growth Factor group (TGF), Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF), Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF), Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF) and others. These molecules are shown to regulate the healing cascade, including inflammation and cell proliferation.
• Simple: Fewer steps than other PRP (platelet-rich plasma) kits
• Superior: Optimal platelet recovery 87% ± 10%
• Safe: High-tech gel designed for safe and consistent preparation
• Fast: Centrifuge with a single spin in a matter of minutes
• Convenient Procedure: Takes less than 30 minutes
• Patient Friendly: Small volume of blood required
• Best Value: High volume PRP yield, low cost per mL
~6 mL PRP per 11 mL tube
~12 mL PRP per 22 mL tube
• Customized Concentration: PRP kits yield various volumes and concentration levels to meet patient and procedure needs
• Consistent Platelet Concentration: Allowing for predictable performance
• No Foreign Components: Virtually eliminates the risk of adverse reactions
• FDA Clearance: 510(k) number: BK110035