Lymph Drainage Massage
Lymph drainage massage mimics the action of lymph vessels. Because so many of your lymph vessels are located right below your skin, use light pressure — just enough to move the skin without pressing more deeply. Moving the skin helps open the initial lymphatics, which are very tiny lymph vessels with leaf-like cells that open to allow tissue fluid into the lymphatic system. The basic massage movement is a circle with slightly more pressure in the direction of the lymph nodes and lighter pressure as you finish the circle. This helps push fluid inside the lymph vessels into the nodes.
Benefits of Facial Lymphatic Drainage:
– Supports the flushing of toxins from the body
– Helps drain the sinuses, relieving sinus pressure from allergies and colds
– Reduces fluid retention in the face, which can define the jawline and slim
– Can help shorten the duration of a cold
– Anti-aging effect by minimizing age lines